Currently, we are open for limited INSIDE dine-in service.
We are also open for patio dining, takeout, and delivery daily from:
Sunday - Thursday 11:00am-9:00pm
Friday & Saturday 11:00am-10:00pm
Here are our current COVID-19 compliance measures under the state’s Level Up program.
- We currently require masks to be worn by all staff at all times properly. We require all guests to adorn masks properly when arriving, moving about restaurant, up to use the restroom, and when leaving. We do not service any guests not willing to adhere to this policy. This is existing and in place. Those who don’t wear masks are given the option to call in an order for takeout and we can deliver curbside, or deliver.
- Existing spacing with decals on our floor exists when people pick up for takeout. Only one party allowed to check in at host stand at one time. Signage affixed and visible from outside door. Staff is coached on approach in how to address social distancing conversations.
- Sanitation of high touch points occurs every 30 minutes with sign off sheets on restroom doors upon completion. Employees are designated with these tasks and managers ensure our compliance and completion. Using a sanitizer with a 30 second kill time for COVID.
- Since the beginning we have completed temperature checks of all our staff and symptom wellness check using the CDPHE form. Documentation is maintained in office within binder. Managers complete these wellness checks.
- We already ask two questions of all patrons upon entering the door before seating them. Are you experiencing any symptoms of COVID 19, referring to our list of symptoms? Have you been exposed to anyone with COVId in the last 14 days? If they answer yes to either of these, we immediately deny service and sanitize any touch points they would have used.
- We operate our restaurant using OpenTable which will have contact name and contact information for each reservation. We currently have a contact tracing form deployed and upload weekly to the larimer County JOTFORM submission for any and all walk-ins. We will digitize this and perform sanitation between users.
- We currently monitor symptoms daily and require our employees who are sick to call in, share symptoms and stay home. If staff shows any symptoms or develops while on shift, we require immediate isolation, 10 day quarantine from onset of symptoms and require a negative covid test to return. If 2 of more cases occur within a 14 day period, reporting of cases to department of health occurs. Any report of being exposed as a direct contact results in a 10 day quarantine.